Sugar Free and Low Carb
Calories per serving:
6 T. olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
zest of 1 orange
5 eggs, divided
1/2 tsp. pink salt
2 bananas, mashed
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. almond flour
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1 orange, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 11x9 inch pan and set aside.
- Place egg whites in one mixing bowl and egg yolks in another.
- Add salt to egg whites and use mixer to beat until stiff peaks are formed then set aside.
- Add bananas to egg yolks and beat with mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add oil, orange zest, vanilla, and almond extract and continue mixing until combined.
- Add almond flour and stir with spatula.
- Fold in egg whites until well combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and press lightly into batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Top with a spoonful of chopped orange, if desired.