Buffalo Chicken Omelette
1/2 c. egg whites
1 T. melted coconut oil, divided
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 T. hot sauce
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1-4 tsp. water
1/8 tsp. coconut aminos
2 pinches oregano
2 pinches garlic powder
2 oz. cooked chicken breast
1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
2 T. chopped red onion
2 T. feta cheese
pink salt and pepper, to taste
- Place 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, lemon juice, coconut aminos, garlic powder, oregano, hot sauce, and dijon mustard together in container with lid and shake until well combined.
- Add water until desired consistency is reached then set aside.
- Heat remaining coconut oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onions to skillet and cook until tender.
- Cut chicken breast into small cubes and place in bowl.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of hot sauce mixture along with peppers and onions.
- Whisk together egg, egg whites, salt and pepper and pour into skillet.
- Once eggs are mostly cooked, sprinkle chicken and veggie mixture onto eggs.
- Top with 1 1/2 tablespoons feta then fold egg into desired omelette shape.
- Place omelette onto plate.
- Top with remaining 1/2 tablespoon feta and any filling that fell out in skillet.
- Drizzle hot sauce mixture over top of omelette.