Copycat Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
1 T. sesame oil
1 T. coconut oil
1 lb. ground chicken
1 medium vidalia onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/4 c. coconut aminos or Bragg's liquid aminos
1 dropperful stevia
1 T. rice wine vinegar
1 T. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. ginger
1 (8 oz) can chopped water chestnuts
4 scallions, sliced
pink salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (optional)
1 head butter lettuce
- Heat oils in large skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook chicken until crumbly.
- Stir in onion, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin, and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in water chestnuts, green onions, aminos, salt, pepper, stevia and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Whisk xanthan gum into sauce then remove from burner and allow to cool and thicken for a couple minutes.
- Serve with lettuce leaves.