Dark Chocolate Mint (or Cherry) Brownies
Sugar Free and Low Carb
Calories per serving:
65 (60 w/ egg whites)
1 egg (or 3 T. liquid egg whites*)
1 c. canned pumpkin
2 T. coconut oil, melted
1/2-1 tsp. peppermint (or almond) extract**
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. liquid stevia
1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine egg, pumpkin, coconut oil, stevia, and extracts.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder, and pink salt and mix until smooth.
- Transfer to baking dish using rubber spatula and smooth mixture out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely in baking dish (at least 1 hour) before cutting into squares.
*Egg whites make brownies more fluffy/cake-like while whole egg is more dense.
**Omit peppermint (or cherry) extract for plain brownies.