Eggplant French Toast
Sugar Free and Low Carb
Calories per serving:
1 large (or 2 small) eggplant
3 T. almond milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. cinnamon, plus more for dusting
stevia, to taste (optional)
oconut oil, as needed (to grease pan)
- Peel eggplant and slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Sprinkle both sides of each eggplant slice with salt.
- Place eggplant slices in colander and set aside for 10-20 minutes.
- Rinse eggplant slices well then pat dry with paper towels.
- Pierce eggplant slices, on each side, a few times with fork.
- Lightly grease skillet over medium heat.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and stevia, if desired.
- Dunk eggplant slice in egg mixture then place in skillet.
- Transfer slice to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes, until golden brown on one side.
- Flip and cook other side another 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
- Dip each eggplant slice again and cook another minute on each side.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired, and serve warm.