Sugar-Free or Gluten-Free
Calories per serving:
1 T. coconut flour
¼ c. golden flax meal
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ c. coconut oil
¼ c. tomato paste
¼ - ⅓ c. water
2 T. nutritional yeast
pink salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk egg in bowl.
- Combine coconut flour, flax meal, italian seasoning, and garlic powder in separate bowl.
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch rounds.
- Melt coconut oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Dip eggplant slice in egg then transfer to other bowl and coat with breading mixture.
- Transfer to skillet and cook evenly on both sides, until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining eggplant slices and place on greased baking sheet.
- Stir together tomato paste, water, nutritional yeast, and pink salt until thick sauce is formed.
- Top each eggplant slice with sauce and spread to coat.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes.