Hearty Flax Bread
Calories per serving:
2 c. flax meal
1/2 c. oats
2 T. chia seeds
1/4 c. sunflower seeds
1 scoop unflavored whey protein powder
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flax meal, oats, protein powder, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and baking powder together in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs and almond milk together.
- Add wet mixture to dry and mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle with additional seeds/oats, if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing with sharp knife.
- Store in fridge or freezer.