Amy's Smothered Chicken
10 oz. portabello mushrooms, chopped
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 T. ghee
2 T. pesto
3/4 c canned coconut cream
juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts (4 breasts)
pink salt and pepper, to taste
scallions, chopped (optional)
- Saute veggies in ghee over med-high heat in skillet until tender.
- Stir in pesto, coconut cream, and lemon juice.
- Reduce to simmer and allow to thicken.
- Season chicken breasts with pink salt and pepper
- Bake or pan cook until done.
- Place chicken breasts on plate.
- Pour 1/4 sauce recipe on each plate.
- Top with scallions and pink salt, to taste