Creamed Greens Dip
3 T. coconut oil (divided)
½ small yellow onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. kale, chopped
1 c. collard greens, chopped
1 c. swiss chard, chopped
1 c. spinach, chopped
¾ -1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 c. unsweetened almond milk
1 c. canned coconut milk
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ c. parmesan cheese (or other cheese of choice)
pink salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add greens and cook until beginning to wilt.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- In saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Stir in almond milk, coconut cream, nutmeg, and xanthan gum.
- Remove sauce from stovetop and stir into greens.
- Top with cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese starts to brown