Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Calories per serving
1 (14 oz.) can black beans
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c. pitted dates
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. pink salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 c. Lily's chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper or foil and grease lightly.
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain dates and add to blender or food processor.
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking dish and smooth out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing.