Grain-Free Soft Pretzels
½ c. water
½ c. coconut oil
½ tsp. pink salt
2 T. apple cider vinegar
½ c. almond meal
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
1 c. coconut flour
1 ½ tsp. melted coconut oil (or butter)
pink salt (or cinnamon/stevia or nutritional yeast), to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small saucepan, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add water, salt, and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add almond flour and stir for 2 minutes until wet paste is formed.
- Add baking soda and powder and stir while mixture foams - roughly 3 seconds.
- Mix in coconut flour and eggs until dough forms.
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper and knead for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Separate into 6 equal sized dough balls.
- Roll each dough ball into 6 inch log, about ½ inch wide.
- Twist into pretzel shape and place on parchment lined baking sheet or pretzel pan.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove pretzels from oven.
- Brush each pretzel with 1/4 teaspoon melted coconut oil (or butter).
- Sprinkle with pink salt (or cinnamon/stevia or nutritional yeast).