Healthy Elvis Sandwich
Calories per serving
1/2 c. egg whites
1 T. coconut flour
1/4 c. golden flax meal
1/2 tsp. baking powder
stevia, to taste
2 T. almond butter
cinnamon, to taste
- Heat skillet over medium heat and grease lightly.
- Mix egg, egg whites, flax meal, coconut flour, baking powder, and stevia until well combined.
- Pour half of batter into skillet and cook until starting to bubble.
- Flip pancake and cook other side until golden (will take awhile b/c pancake will be quite thick).
- Repeat with second half of batter.
- Allow pancakes to cool.
- Slice each pancake with sharp knife into 2 thin circles (for top and bottom of sandwich).
- Toast pancake slices, if desired.
- Slice banana into thin rounds.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon almond butter on each of the 4 pancake circles.
- Place banana slices on 2 pancake circles.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top with remaining pancake circles.
- Cut an X to make each sandwich into 4 equal triangles.