Healthy Marshmallows (or Healthy Marshmallow Fluff)
Calories per serving
5 (10 w/ IMO, 15 w/ honey)
3 T. gelatin
1/2 c. cold water
1/2 c. hot water
3/4 tsp. liquid stevia (or 3 T. IMO syrup or honey) or more, to taste
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Lightly grease or line loaf pan.
- Gently whisk gelatin and cold water together in bowl of stand mixer until combined.
- Allow gel to form by sitting mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- Place hot water in small saucepan and bring to a slight boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and stevia (or other sweetener of choice).
- Turn mixer on to low speed and slowly pour hot liquid down side of bowl into gelatin mixture.
- Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Increase speed to high and continue to beat until mixture is fluffy and soft peaks just begin to form, about 10-14 minutes (or 6-10 minutes if using other sweetener) being VERY careful not to overbeat.
- Use mixture immediately for Marshmallow Fluff or pour mixture into loaf pan, tap on countertop a few times to evenly distribute, then allow marshmallows to set, uncovered, for a few hours or overnight.
- Cut into 18 squares using sharp knife.
- Store in airtight container at room temp or in fridge.