Try out these delicious low carb, sugar free breadsticks! I think you will love them. Dunk them into my "cheesy" tomato sauce if you are looking for a great side dish for your pasta or salad. In this recipe we used Viva Natural Coconut Powder and grass fed whey protein powder. Let us know in the comment section how it turns out!
This was actually my second attempt at perfecting this recipe since the first batch I tried turned out to taste slightly eggy and the consistency just wasn't quite what I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong, they were still delicious (and every single one got eaten quickly) but they needed a bit of tweaking.
This time, I think got it right and let me tell ya I'm crazy about Kelly's Krazy Breadsticks!!! I chose to sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder and black pepper on top and used marinara sauce as a dip, but you could easily play around with additional spices and toppings. The Spice Gal's Homestyle Ranch or Taste of Italy would both be super yummy options to try!
As I was taste testing, I almost forgot that these Krazy Breadsticks are gluten-free, low carb, and packed with protein. In just 2 breadsticks, you get almost 20 grams of protein and only 8 grams of carbs...KRAZY ;) I am brainstorming now how I may be able to possibly convert this into a pizza crust recipe as well....I'll keep ya posted. In any event, I'm pretty sure this is a recipe that will be getting remade often in my house!
Kelly's Krazy Breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease 2 (11x7 inch) pans.
- In blender, combine eggs and cottage cheese until smooth.
- Pulse in baking powder, salt, coconut flour and protein powder, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour half of batter into each pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil on top of each pan.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese evenly on top along with any additional desired spices.
- Place back into oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut with sharp knife or pizza cutter.