Calories per serving
6 egg whites
3/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, chilled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in cold coconut oil with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg whites until they are very frothy.
- Fold the egg whites into the chilled flour mixture until well combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of dough onto the baking sheet and smooth the top to form each biscuits, an ice cream scoop works well in this step.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe credit to: simplylivinghealthy.org