Calories Per Serving: 181/pancake
Servings: 6 pancakes
2 large green plantains (about 2 cups pureed)
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
Extra coconut oil for frying
- Peel plantains and place pieces in blender or food processor with the eggs.
- Blend to form a smooth batter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and process on high for an additional minute or two.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan or on a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Pour batter into the frying pan until your pancake is the desired size.
- Let cook 4-5 minutes on the first side, until the top looks fairly dry with little bubbles in it.
- Flip and cook on the second side for 1½-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding a little more coconut oil to your pan as needed.