Calories per serving
16 oz radishes
1 medium zucchini
1 small head cauliflower (5 to 6 cups florets)
2 cups water
1/4 cup ghee (or substitute butter or coconut oil)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the radishes and zucchini into very thin rounds, approximately 1/8″ (a mandoline slicer makes this job quick and easy).
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. You can also use the cauliflower stems; cut those into small pieces.
- Bring the water to a simmer over medium-high heat and add the cauliflower.
- Simmer the cauliflower until slightly overcooked, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Pour the water and the cauliflower into a blender.
- Add the ghee and blend on high until you have a completely smooth puree (20 seconds to a minute, depending on your blender).
- Beat the egg slightly in a bowl and then temper the egg by adding a spoonful of the hot cauliflower puree to the egg while stirring vigorously. (Add another spoonful the same way and then a third spoonful.)
- Add the tempered egg to the cauliflower puree and blend to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the radish and zucchini slices to the bottom of a 9″ x 9″ casserole pan or baking pan and pour the cauliflower puree over the top.
- Stir to make sure the veggie slices are well coated in the sauce and then smooth out to make sure the veggie slices are all lying flat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling and the veggies are soft with just a little bit of give when pierced with a knife.
- To brown the top layer, broil for 3 to 5 minutes at the end.