Vanilla Cacao Nib Layer Cake w/ Chocolate Frosting
1 c cashew flour (or almond flour)
1/4 c coconut flour
1/8 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c coconut oil
1/3 c canned coconut milk
1 T pure vanilla extract
2 T cacao nibs
1 batch Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 (7 inch) round cake pans or line with parchment paper.
- Combine cashew/almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- In separate mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly.
- Add applesauce, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla and beat lightly.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into cake pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Flip cakes over onto cooling rack and remove from pans.
- Allow to cool fully while making Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Transfer bottom cake layer onto plate and frost top.
- In small bowl, mix stevia and cacao nibs together.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao nibs on top of frosting.
- Place top cake layer on top and frost top. Frost sides of cake and smooth frosting.
- Sprinkle remaining cacao nibs in center of cake.