Coconut Flour Focaccia
Calories per serving
13.5 oz. can full-fat coconut milk, room temperature
½ tsp. xanthan gum
¼ c. coconut oil, melted
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. coconut flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 9×13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place eggs in large bowl and mix, at medium speed, for 2 minutes, until frothy.
- Add coconut milk and xanthan gum to blender and blend for 20 seconds, until smooth.
- Add coconut milk mixture, coconut oil, vinegar, and applesauce to eggs and mix until just combined.
- In separate bowl, mix sifted coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Transfer dough to baking sheet.
- Spread out and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cut into slices with pizza cutter or sharp knife. (Individual slices will be thick enough to slice in half again to make a sandwich top and bottom)