Flipping this yummy oil-free Fajita Frittata can be as tricky as trying to say it's name five times fast, but I have a frittata flipping secret hack that I like to use and am gonna share with you...
I find it is incredibly hard to flip eggs with a spatula because they tend to break of where they aren't being supported by the spatula. And I don't even want to think about how disasterous it would be if I tried to do the flip with just a flick of the wrist like the pros do!
The way I like to perform the flip is by placing a lid on top of the skillet then carefully but quickly turning the skillet over (which transfers the eggs onto the lid) and then gently sliding the eggs off the lid and back into skillet. Works like a charm every time for an egg flip that actually holds together!!
2 bell peppers, sliced thin
1/2 c. liquid egg whites
1 T. Taco Seasoning
2 T. salsa
- Cook pepper slices, covered, in skillet with a few tablespoons of water until softened.
- Whisk together egg and egg whites with Taco Seasoning then pour over peppers in skillet.
- Cover and cook until bubbling.
- Carefully flip frittata.
- Cover and cook another minute or two on the other side.
- Transfer to plate and top with salsa.
- Sprinkle with additional Taco Seasoning, if desired.