Coconut Psyllium Tortillas
Calories per serving
1 c. coconut flour
1/4 c. psyllium husk powder
1/2 c. coconut oil, softened
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pink salt
2 c. hot water
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Pour hot water over all, then stir with a spoon until all oil is melted and ingredients are well incorporated. (Or mix together in food processor)
- Shape dough into a log shape and cut into 8 equal parts.
- Grease griddle or frying pan lightly with butter or coconut oil and heat to medium heat.
- Shape each part into a ball.
- Roll out each ball evenly on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Push a medium sized pan lid into the top of the dough, twist, then lift the lid up (forming a perfect circle of dough).
- Carefully remove dough around circle.
- Set that extra dough aside. (These pieces will combine to make the other two tortillas for a total of 10)
- Flip parchment paper over onto your hand then peel parchment paper off of tortilla with other hand.
- Place tortilla on griddle and cook until bottom begins to brown.
- Flip, using spatula, and cook other side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining dough.