Coffee Crusted Fish
Calories per serving
4.5 oz cod, flounder, other fish of choice
1 T finely ground coffee
1/4 t oregano
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t chili powder
1/2 t paprika
1/8 t ginger
1/2 t ground mustard
1/8 t salt
1/8 t pepper
2 T water
- Season each side of the fish with salt and pepper.
- Combine all the seasonings in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Rub a heaping spoonful of the spice rub into one side of the fish.
- Cover and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat water in skillet.
- Add the fish with the rub side down so that this side will cook first and get nice and crispy before you have to flip the fish.
- Cook the fish on the rub side down for 4-5 minutes then flip and cook again for 4-5 minutes.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your fish. (Fish is ready to turn when it begins to lift away from the bottom of the pan)
*This could be baked in the oven on parchment lined paper for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees instead, if desired